Thursday, September 07, 2006

Still here

I'm not posting more often because (a) nobody's looking and (b) I have to reboot into Knoppix and use Mozilla Firefox to post. My base system is Linux From Scratch, this time built using ALFS, which doesn't do a lot, but I want to ensure that there are as few dependencies as possible for the basic system.

The mplayer patch seems to work quite well with moderate sized videos (but needs DVD movies scaled down to a half original to be watchable).

Next (after hunting down the show-stopper that meant I had to do this re-boot), I plan to install GDK in a special user's home directory and see what I can achieve with SVG and, possibly, some simple Gnome applications.

If anyone is interested in having a copy of the source code, I can provide it via e-mail, if anyone wants to request it from simon dot willcocks at t-online dot de. The code will be released as (L)GPL. The whole lot is 12k lines of code, 360K uncompressed (78K compressed), plus a 528 line patch to MPlayer-1.0pre8.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home